General description of the project
SS 110/10-10 êV «Mamyr» is situated at the south-west of Almaty. The necessity of substation construction was conditioned by predicted public utility load increase the reason for which were in the construction of few residential and mixed-use complexes and construction of residetial development in the western city area. Another reason was the necessity of load shifting from the SS 110/10-10 êV ¹ 19 Mechanobor, put into service in 1966 in view of its planned dismantking due to wear and tear and obsolescence of equipment.
The restrained urban conditions that do not allow the construction of open-air substation in that place determined the necessity of SS 110/10-10 êV «Mamyr» construction as an enclosed-type electrical substation (according to 110-4H project).
The design load of SS 110/10-10 êV «Ìàmyr» is 106 ÌW, and with consideration of diversity factor - 79 ÌW or 87,5 ÌVA.
Works of Kerneu Limited in the project
The scope of works, performed by Kerneu Limited in this project:
-construction and installation works;;
- supply of equipment;
- installation of equipment CSGI- 110 kV
The following was performed during SS kV 110/10-10 kV "Mamyr" cinstruction:
- installation of two 110/10-10-kV transformers with capacity of 63 MVA each with low voltage split coils (of type TRMN-63 000/110U1)
- construction of indoor switchgear 110 kV (ISG 110 kV)
- construction of indoor switchgear 10 kV (ISG 10 kV)
The modern complex control, automation, signaling and electric power metering system, based on multifuncional microprocessor type protective relays of automatics and metering equipment is stipulated at the SS 110/10-10 kV "Mamyr".
All substation facilities constructions are earthquake-resistant. The building sustainability against earthquake loads in both directions is ensured by reinforced-concrete fraimes, diaghragms and monolithic roof and floor slabs rigidness.
The substation feature is the use of equipment that allowed for decreasing the bulk of substation building by 40% when compared to the similar substations with use of traditional PO kV equipment. The result of which in future will be the decrease of costs of a building and predictable annual electric power saving will exceed 400 thousand kW*h .
Besides that, the set of actions for electric power loss limitation, then implemented during construction, was stipulated by the project:
- installation of PO kV power transformer with natural air and oil calculation of TRMN type that ensures the electic energy consumption by 55 thousand kW*h;
- installation of compensating devices with aim of assurance of specified voltage levels;
- automatic heating and ventilation controls;
- use of modern microprocessor type protective relays and automatic that are integrated in the system;
- power consumption measurement at the 110, 10 Kv sides stipulated by the modern electronic counters with long-term memory, automatic diagnostics, with digital output and interface, necessary for automatic system for commercial measurement of power consumption (ASCMPC)
- multiplexer installation, that allows to orginize the needed communication lines number with needed interfaces: voice channels, telecommunication trasfer channels and also the perspective channels forimplementation of automatic for commercial measurement of power energy.
More than 100 specialists of Kerneu Limited had taken part in the project implemetation, the amount of used special machines exceeded 12 units.
The equipment, used during electric substation construction is manufactured by leading electric equipment manufacturing companies such as: Alstom, Allagium group, Kentau Transformers Plant, ABB, etc.